The following are excerpts from the Westwood Police logs from Feb. 24-March 2. The logs are public record.


Monday, Feb. 24

3:01 p.m.: Police received several reports about dog walkers at Lowell Woods on Sandy Valley Road. In one report, walkers complained about three dogs not being on leash. The dog walker in charge agreed not to return to Lowell Woods.

7:30 p.m.: A resident of High Street reported a bat inside their house. The resident said they had killed the bat, and will dispose of it.


Tuesday, Feb. 25

11:48 a.m.: Police responded to a report of a hit-and-run at the Target parking lot on University Avenue. The owner of a Toyota Highlander said that when they returned from shopping, they found damage to the vehicle's right rear panel. However, a video revealed that the damage was already there.

4:02 p.m.: A dog walker came to the station to report that an abutter to Lowell Woods had been videotaping the dog walker and the five dogs they had on leash.

5:57 p.m.: A resident of Gay Street came to the station to report fraudulent use of their credit card information. The resident's family had been away, and had ordered food online. The fraudulent charges began appearing an hour later. The credit card companies had been notified.


Wednesday, Feb. 26

12:01 p.m.: Police received a report of two dogs not on leash at Lowell Woods on Sandy Valley Road. The Animal Control officer was notified; they notified the dog walker's company. The dog walker was let go.

9:34 p.m.: Police received a report of a disturbance at Target on University Avenue. Two woman were arguing over a lost phone; one of them was reportedly intoxicated. The women left in separate vehicles; local police departments were notified about the intoxicated woman.


Thursday, Feb. 27

10:49 a.m.: A resident of Martingale Lane reported that someone in a large truck drove through a landscaped island at the end of a cul-de-sac. There was damage to the turf and several poles.

11:34 a.m.: Another complaint from Lowell Woods on Sandy Valley Road; this time, it was about a dog walker with eight dogs on leash.

12:19 p.m.: Two vehicles sideswiped each other while traveling north on Washington Street. There was minor damage, and no injuries.

2:41 p.m.: A resident of the Bridges on University Avenue reported theft at the facility. The case remains under investigation.

3:54 p.m.: A resident of Mill Street reported a stolen cell phone. The resident, who owns a company, said that an employee being terminated would not turn over a company cell phone. The resident needed a police report to give to the phone's service company so that the phone could be shut off.

5:20 p.m.: One vehicle rear-ended another at the East Street rotary. The owner of the vehicle that committed the rear-ender was cited for following too closely.

8:14 p.m.: One vehicle rear-ended another at the intersection of Washington and Gay streets. The driver of the vehicle that committed the rear-ender said they were checking the GPS on their cell phone; they were cited for impeded operation. The operator of the first vehicle was discovered to have a suspended driver's license. A family member came to drive the vehicle home. There was minor damage to both vehicles.


Friday, Feb. 28

1:11 a.m.: A disturbance was reported at Washington Street. Peace was restored.


Saturday, Feb. 29

8:39 a.m.: A resident of Sexton Avenue came to the station to report credit card fraud. When the resident opened their online credit card account, they discovered $1,500 in fraudulent charges, and $1,500 more in fraudulent charges on a second credit card. The credit card companies had been notified, as well as the credit monitoring agencies.

10:13 a.m.: A resident of Dover Road came to the station to report fraudulent charges to their credit card and bank accounts. The resident had been vacationing in Florida when their cell phone died. It turned out that the account had been moved to another phone (service has since been restored). The resident had also been in California; their credit card information had been used to purchase a phone in Redwood City, Calif. In addition, a fraudulent bank account had been opened in California; $9,000 had been deposited, and $12,500 removed. The resident's bank is in the process of reimbursing the resident. The case remains under investigation.

7:16 p.m.: A tow truck operator came to the station to report suspicious activity. At 1:30 a.m. that day, the tow truck was sent to the parking lot of the storage facility on East Street. The vehicle had heavy damage; the operator said they had struck a curb. Per company policy, the tow truck operator took photos, then towed the truck to the operator's home in Andover. The owner later called the station to say they had an accident at the Foxboro/Walpole line, and the reason they had stopped in Westwood was because it was making "unfortunate" noises. The owner did not know what they had struck.


Sunday, March 1

1:01 p.m.: A resident of East Street came to the station to report credit card fraud. His adult daughter, who was attending a singing competition, had ordered food online; soon after, there were unauthorized charges for $111.86 to a GameStop in Auburn and $34 at a wine store in Shrewsbury. The bank and credit card companies were notified, and the account locked.

6:17 p.m.: One vehicle rear-ended another at the East Street rotary. There was moderate damage, but no injuries.


Monday, March 2

9:354 a.m.: The Westwood Public Library on High Street reported that a patron's bag was stolen; the bag contained a wallet, IDs and other personal possessions.

11:48 a.m.: There was report of a dog bite on Bonney Street. The case is still under investigation.