No one was injured but three family pets died in a house fire this morning at 61 Smith Place in Cohasset.

According to firefighters on scene, the two-alarm fire started in the first floor kitchen of the home.

A neighbor noticed the smoke and called it in. On arrival, firefighters could see smoke from the left side of the house where the kitchen is located.

The fire department credited that call and aggressive tactics from the crews who arrived on the scene for the quick extinguishing of the fire, which was knocked down in about 10 minutes.  As a result, the fire was contained to one area of the home.

Hingham, Hull, and Scituate assisted at the scene. Norwell covered Cohasset's station during the event.

Two dogs and a rabbit died as a result of the fire, however, no family members were home at the time.

Get Cohasset news send directly to your inbox. Sign up for our free, weekly newsletter.