1. Celebrate women. Stellwagen Beer Company, will host an International Women’s Day event on Sunday, March 8, organized by EmpowerHER and lululemon Hingham. Moderated by Nicole Pardo, co-owner of Holding Space Yoga Studio, the panel will feature a number of local women who will share their stories of hard work and success. Tickets to the event are $30, with $10 from each ticket donated to empowerHER, and can be purchased online. Light refreshments will be provided. Stellwagen Beer Company is located at 100 Enterprise Drive.
2. Take in a show. The Marshfield High School Drama Club will perform its festival show, “The Actor’s Nightmare,” on Thursday, March 5, at 7 p.m. The show tells the story of an accountant who finds himself backstage at a play where he is mistaken for an understudy and forced to perform as the lead. To purchase tickets, visit marshfiedlhdc.seatyourself.biz or contact any MHS Drama Club member. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Marshfield High School is located at 167 Forest St.
3. Travel to Peru. Cozy up with a bowl of hot soup and enjoy an armchair adventure to a favorite wild places with Mass Audubon South Shore Sanctuaries on Friday, March 6 at noon. Christine Whitebread of the South Shore Bird Club will recount a three-week Peruvian adventure she took in August of 2017. Impressive birding and the fantastic scenery of this pristine region will be brought to life through photos, stories, and highlights from the trip. Preregistration can be completed at massaudubon.org/northriverprograms or by calling 781-837-9400. Cost is $18/$15 member/adult. The North River Wildlife Sanctuary is located at 2000 Main St.
4. Learn about the real St. Patrick. Join local historian and lecturer Bill Dunn at the Ventress Memorial Library as he explores the truth and myth surrounding the legendary St. Patrick. Come have your perceptions challenged by one who has made a practice of de-bunking popular beliefs. Following the lecture the library will show a short film titled “Who are the Celts?” The cultural series event will take place from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. For more information, contact Chris Woods at 781-834-5535 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ventress Memorial Library is located at 15 Library Plaza.
5. Caucus. The Marshfield Democratic Town Committee will hold a Caucus on Sunday, March 8, at the Martinson Elementary School, changed from the original location at the Seth Ventress Building. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., with the Caucus beginning at noon. This Caucus is an official Democratic Party event, and all guests are welcome. Candidates running for a delegate or an alternate position, or individuals voting for delegates and alternates, must be registered Democrats in Marshfield. Same-day registration is accepted, and voter registration cards will be available upon request. Marshfield will send 12 delegates to the 2020 Massachusetts Democratic State Convention in total: six male and six female. Four alternates will also be elected. Martinson Elementary School is located at 257 Forest St.