1. Take a trip to the ballpark one last time. The Cohasset Recreation Department is running its final Red Sox Trip of the year on Saturday (Sept 28). The Baltimore Orioles are in town and the Recreation Department has your tickets and ride to the game. Available for purchase on the department website, tickets are $49. A bus to the game is included in the price and will depart from 100 Sohier St. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Celebrate the Day of the Shred. Wilcutt Commons will be hosting "Shredding Day" on Monday, Sept. 30. The event, sponsored by Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey’s Office will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. This is an opportunity to protect yourself from becoming a victim of identity theft and fraud by disposing old sensitive documents and computer hard drives. The event is free to attend and open to the entire Cohasset community. Computer hard drives must be removed from tower.
3. Stop by the Library for some ghost stories. The Paul Pratt Library is hosting "Ghosts and Legends" on Wednesday (Oct 2). Jeff Belanger, one of New England’s premier storytellers and an explorer of the unexplained, will be presenting on some of the history, folklore, ghosts, monsters, and legends from all over the world and in your backyard. Belanger’s "Ghosts and Legends" will highlight some of his own adventures, his research from his books, podcast, and the television programs he’s worked on, plus great stories of the unusual and the haunted. The program will also delve into the reasons behind the legends. The event will run from 7 to 8 p.m. and is free to attend. Drop by the Meeting Room at the Library (35 Ripley Road) to listen in. More information is available on the Paul Pratt Library website.
4. Learn more about Safe Harbor. Safe Harbor will be hosting its Open Coalition Meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 2, at the Cohasset Public Schools Administrative Building (143 Pond Street). The meeting goes from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and is your chance to get involved with the organization. This will also be a chance to learn more about Safe Harbor and its role in the community. More information can be found on the Safe Harbor website. If you are interested in volunteering as a parent or learning more about our SHCC Youth Ambassador programs, but cannot attend this meeting, email email@example.com.
5. Catch a movie at the Library. Paul Pratt Library is hosting its "First Friday Films" on Oct. 4. This month’s movie is "The Upside" starring Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart. Based on a true story, the film is a comedic look at the relationship between a wealthy man with quadriplegia and an unemployed man with a criminal record who's hired to help him. The movie will be shown at 2 p.m. in the Meeting Room, with light snacks being provided by the Friends of the Cohasset Library. Run-time of the movie is 126 minutes and it is rated PG-13. For more information, visit the Paul Pratt Library website.