1. Bay State Skating School: Lesson registrations for lessons youngsters between ages 4-17 is underway with the Weymouth Recreation Division. Lessons will be held 3-3:50 p.m. on consecutive Sundays, Oct. 6-Nov. 3, at the Connell Memorial Rink & Pool. The lessons include instruction for skaters at beginner, advanced and intermediate level. The instruction include lessons for playing hockey, figure skating, and recreation skating. Youngsters between age 4-9 are required to bring a helmet for the lessons. Registration can be done online at www.weymouthrec.com.
2. Weymouth Farmers Market: 10 a.m., Sept. 29, at Weymouth High School. Patrons will be able to shop for goods and wares from locally sourced farmers, bakers, artisans, and more. Vendors at the market will include; Baking With Joy, Bona Fido, Carriage House Farm, Coastal Nine, The Doughnut Bar, Ellies Treats LLC, Granny's Place, Herr Farm, Lipinski Farm Inc., Local Green Garden, Sarah's Tasty Treats, South Shore Snackery, Sweet Addy's Kettle Corn, The Rustic Rooster and The Sandpiper. The market will be held every Sunday from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. through Oct. 6.
3. Fun Family Story Time: Join Miss Chris at 9:30 a.m. Thursdays at Fogg Library for Kids! for a fun, family storytime! Romp and play with moving songs. Listen along to stories you'll want to take home and read again and again. Afraid your child won't sit still? No worries because they don't have to! Think they'll interrupt with stories of their own? That's part of the fun. Meltdown and tears? That’s OK too. You can always try again next week. Although some of the books will be geared toward preschoolers, everyone is welcome. Drop-in and enjoy. Registration is not required, but you can sign up if you would like an email reminder by logging onto weymouth.ma.us/weymouth-public-libraries.
4. Jake Armerding Concert: 8 p.m. Sept. 28, East Weymouth Congregational Church. Jake Armerding will feature music from his latest album, "Sweet Octaves," when he and Bridgewater folk duo Andy and Judy open the ninth season of Music at Sanctuary Hall. The Ipswich-bred Armerding's latest musical journey in songwriting is with an octave violin, an instrument that has thicker strings and is tuned an octave lower, giving it a cello-like sound at times. Andy and Judy Daigle write and perform their own music and will open the show. The doors open at 7 p.m. and the music will start at 8 p.m. Admission ranges from $10 for individuals up to $40 for families. Additional information about the concert season is available online musicatsanctuaryhall.org or by calling, 781-974-3503.
5. Preschool Story Time: with Miss Julie: At 9:30 a.m. Fridays Miss Julie will be sharing some stories for preschoolers this summer at Fogg Library for Kids! Join the fun! When storytime ends, the room will be open for free play. Sign-up online if you would like an email reminder by logging onto weymouth.ma.us/weymouth-public-libraries.