Malu's Lounge, the downtown Brockton bar and restaurant, is scheduled to appear before the Brockton License Commission on Thursday. Malu's Lounge wants to be open until 2 a.m. again, after its closing hours were dialed back by the License Commission, following a violent night last year.

BROCKTON - Downtown Brockton bar Malu's Lounge is trying to get its 2 a.m. privileges back, after the business had its closing hours knocked back by the city's License Commission, following a violent night last year.

A Brockton License Commission hearing is scheduled to take place at a public meeting on Thursday, starting at 6 p.m., in the basement level of City Hall, over a request by the owner of Malu's Lounge to void a decision made in late December to roll back the bar's closing hours.

Malu's Lounge has been forced to close at 1 a.m. under the terms of its liquor license ever since the Dec. 28 decision by the Brockton License Commission.

The decision to roll back hours was made over an alleged violation by Malu's Lounge, located at 23 Montello St., for allowing a violent disturbance outside the bar on Oct. 23. Brockton police told the License Commission that there was an unruly crowd in the parking lot, no security outside at the time, when officers arrived on scene and were assaulted by patrons around 12:47 a.m.

Antonia Cardoso, the owner of Malu’s Lounge, is expected to represent the business at the public meeting on Thursday, requesting for the License Commission to void its Dec. 28 decision to rollback her hours to 1:00 a.m. and to re-instate her 2:00 a.m. license. The Enterprise called Malu's Lounge for comment on Tuesday morning.

In addition to Malu's Lounge, Dylan's Bar is expected to face the Brockton License Commission on Thursday night, on the same alleged violation for allowing a disturbance. In the case of Dylan's Bar, it was a fatal shooting.

On Jan. 13, around 2 a.m., David J. “Pupa” Carroll was fatally shot outside of Dylan’s Pub and Grille, located at 789 Centre St. Carroll was 42 years old.

No arrests have been announced by police in the slaying.

One witness told The Enterprise that the fatal shooting took place after an argument at the bar. The owner of the bar, Paul J. Fuhs, released a comment on Facebook shortly after the incident took place.

“This type of incident has never happened at our establishment,” Fuhs wrote. “The person who committed this crime is not a regular customer, and it wasn’t random. ... We want our customers to know that this is a safe environment. We again are very sad and want the family to know how sorry we are this unfortunate incident happened.”