Second verse, same as the first.

PLYMOUTH - Second verse, same as the first.

The Plymouth North and Plymouth South boys soccer teams got together Columbus Day morning for the second time in 13 days, and just like the first game, they battled to a 3-3 draw.

People were still filing into South Stadium as the Blue Eagles took a 1-0 lead 40 seconds into the game when freshman Kayo De Amorim broke in free for the quick score.

Plymouth South recovered and responded with some scoring chances of its own. Sean Walsh sailed one over the crossbar from just outside the box and the tandem of Cam Brenner, Emmanuel Ovabor and Sammy Gouveia nearly connected on a play that was stuffed in front of the Plymouth North goal.

Later in the period, Plymouth South started to hit their mark and poured home three goals in five minutes.

Ovabor got it going with 14 minutes 57 seconds left in the half off a scramble in front of the net following a corner kick.

With the fog rolling in and a light rain starting to fall, the Panthers took the lead when Walsh found some open space outside the penalty area and went top shelf for the score. The lead grew to 3-1 less than a minute later when Brenner got control of a loose ball in the penalty area and wasted no time putting it into the back of the net.

"There were a couple of goals in there that were the direct result of our own defensive mistakes, which is what's been killing us all year long," North ead Coach John Tocci said. "We're given up way too many goals inside the six yards in front of the net this season."

Plymouth North turned up the attack after the break and was rewarded when Jack McPherson scored to close the gap to 3-2 with 20 minutes still to play.

Eagles senior Captain Zach Greeley was a force all game long from his spot on the back line, and he played a major part in pushing across the tying score with 3:30 left in the game. Greeley started the chain over events with a booming direct kick from beyond midfield that set North up with a throw-in deep in South's offensive zone. He put the throw to the center of the box and a deflection set up Plymouth North with a corner kick.

Greeley took the kick as well and James Riley was there to put the deflection home for the tying score.

"Zach plays a defensive position, but he can be an offensive weapon for us with the way he kicks the ball," Tocci said. "He's can put the ball into some key offensive places for us."

"We're been on a roller coaster ride this season with good games and bad games and the games against North are always battle," Leavitt said. "They came out swinging right away. We countered and took the lead and they came back to tie it up in the end."

He'll take the point, but Leavitt acknowledged his team could have really used the two points for the win as the Panthers continue to try and build their playoff resume as the games start to dwindle down.

"We have to close things out better than we have been doing," Leavitt said. "This is the second game in a row where we were up a goal with 10 minutes left and did not get the win."

Plymouth South fell to 2-7-4 on the season Wednesday with a 5-0 loss to Duxbury. The team will need multiple wins down the final stretch of the regular season to get back into playoff contention. Still left for the Panthers are games with Pembroke, Scituate, B-R, North Quincy, Hanover and D-Y.

Plymouth North (1-9-2) was shut out by Scituate Wednesday, 2-0. They traveled to Hingham Friday and have games with Quincy, Whitman-Hanson and Silver Lake coming up this week.

Email the reporter at and follow him on Twitter, @DavidWolcott1.