SHREWSBURY – The School Committee and the Shrewsbury Education Association Unit A on Wednesday ratified a new three-year contract.
Most of the 500 members of SEA Unit A are teachers, and the union also includes school counselors, nurses and speech pathologists.
The contract, which runs from Aug. 25, 2019, through Aug. 24, 2022, provides for cost-of-living increases of 2.2% the first year, 2.9% the second year and 2% the third year.
The salary increases total $1,576,067 for year one, $1,876,876 for year two, and $1,452,000 for year three.
The contract also includes:
● Increase of $500 in fiscal 2020 again in fiscal 2021 for members who also serve as evaluators
● Agreement on elementary-level common planning time and collaboration for allied arts and foreign language teachers
● Changes to family sick, bereavement, and personal day language that incorporates flexibility in family relationships
● Process for approving coaching and other stipends
● Mentors (for new educators to Shrewsbury): expectations and stipends