1. Patriotic art display. "We the People" is on display Feb. 16-March 14. The art reflects the hopes, feelings, fears and expressions of over 12 distinct and accomplished artists. Admission free; donations gratefully accepted. The event is held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the James Library & Center for the Arts, located at 24 West St., Norwell. For information, call 781-659-7100 or visit jameslibrary.org.
2. Mixing art and literature. Poet, artist and former English teacher Bill Alberti will have participants view and discuss famous works of art and try their hand at writing short prose or poetry about the art. Participants are asked to take pen/pencil and notebook paper. The event is on Saturday, Feb. 17 from 2-4 p.m. at the John Curtis Free Library, located at 534 Hanover St., Hanover. For ages 12-and-up. For information, call 781-826-2972 or visit hanovermass.com/library.
3. Eyes on Owls. Owl experts Marcia and Mark Wilson will introduce audience members to their menagerie of owls. Get an up close view of these amazing citizens of the New England fields and forests. The event will be held at the South Shore Natural Science Center onMonday, Feb. 19. The two shows will be held at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. The event is for kids ages 3-and-up. No strollers please. Tickets are required and fees are $7 per member of the South Shore YMCA and South Shore Natural Science Center and $10 for non-members. For more information, call 781-659-2559 to purchase tickets. The center is located at 48 Jacobs Lane, Norwell.
4. Do you believe in magic? The amazing Scott Jameson presents a show that combines magic, juggling, music, and humor. Scott has performed at the John Curtis Free Library to enthusiastic crowds many times. The audience is in for some real thrills! The event is at the John Curtis Free Library on Tuesday, Feb. 20 from 3-4 p.m. The library is located at 534 Hanover St., Hanover.
5. You are what you eat. Lindsay Verraster, MPH, RD, will discuss healthy grocery shopping and how to create balanced and nutritious family meals at the South Shore Medical Center, located at 143 Longwater Drive, Norwell. The event is free, but please register. The event will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 21 from 6-7 p.m. For information, call 781-261-4758 or visit southshorehealth.org/heartmonth.