Solid Waste and Recycling Department Coordinator Lorna Cerbone issued the following press release
The Town of Saugus’ Solid Waste and Recycling Department Coordinator Lorna Cerbone would like to remind residents that the following materials are recyclable and may be placed curbside for collection each week: paper, cardboard, pizza boxes, and mixed containers such as glass, tin, plastic cans, various containers, and jugs.
All cardboard boxes should be broken down to 3’ by 3’, and pizza boxes and mixed containers should be clean.
The following materials may not be recycled through the town’s curbside collection service:
· Plastic bags and film wraps – can be recycled at a local food store, Walmart, or Target.
· Styrofoam – should be placed in the trash.
· Clothes hangers – can be given to dry cleaners.
· Plastic hoses – dispose in the trash.
· Rigid plastics and kids toys – may be recycled at the drop-off site located behind 515 Main St.
· Scrap metal – can be recycled at the drop-off site.
“Due to recent international recycling restrictions, our local collection facility is no longer able to recycle materials in plastic bags,” said Cerbone. “We encourage residents to recycle their plastic bags at your local supermarket or retailer.”
JRM will only collect accepted items. The Town of Saugus would like to thank everyone for their cooperation.
The compost drop-off site will be open on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 and Saturday, March 17, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please contact Cerbone at 781-231-4036 with any questions.