1. Mixing art and literature. Poet, artist and former English teacher Bill Alberti will have participants view and discuss famous works of art and try their hand at writing short prose or poetry about the art. Participants are asked to take pen/pencil and notebook paper. The event is on Saturday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the John Curtis Free Library, located at 534 Hanover St., Hanover. For ages 12-and-up. For information, call (781) 826-2972 or visit hanovermass.com/library.
2. Shake your soul. Take a holistic approach to movement and dance and learn to groove with more than just your body at the John Curtis Free Library. The event is facilitated by Emily Browder Melville. The event is at noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 16. The library is located at 534 Hanover St., Hanover. For information, call (781) 826-2972 or visit hanovermass.com/library.
3. Do you believe in magic? The amazing Scott Jameson presents a show that combines magic, juggling, music, and humor. Scott has performed at the John Curtis Free Library to enthusiastic crowds many times. The audience is in for some real thrills! The event is at the John Curtis Free Library on Tuesday, Feb. 20 from 3 to 4 p.m. The library is located at 534 Hanover St., Hanover.
4. Patriotic art display. “We the People” is on display Feb. 16-March 14. The art reflects the hopes, feelings, fears and expressions of over 12 distinct and accomplished artists. Admission free; donations gratefully accepted. The event is held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the James Library & Center for the Arts, located at 24 West St., Norwell. For information, call (781) 659-7100 or visit jameslibrary.org.
5. You are what you eat. Lindsay Verraster, MPH, RD, will discuss healthy grocery shopping and how to create balanced and nutritious family meals at the South Shore Medical Center, located at 143 Longwater Drive, Norwell. The event is free, but please register. The event will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 21 from 6 to 7 p.m. For information, call (781) 261-4758 or visit southshorehealth.org/heartmonth.