1. LISTEN TO MUSIC Harvard Pro Musica's "Christmas Fantasy" choral concert will be performed at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 7, in the First Church, 6 Meetinghouse Road in Sterling. With piano, strings, and soloists, the chorus will present seasonal music by Ralph Vaughn Williams, Edgar Elgar, Morten Lauridsen, and community carol singing. Tickets ($15-$20) at the door or at harvardpromusica.org/paypal.
2. MAKE A GIFT Make holiday bath salts from 4 to 6 p.m., Dec. 8, at Denault Studios, 55 Main St., Maynard. The store is hosting its annual series of Free Project Fridays every Friday in December until Christmas from 4 to 6 p.m. Additional projects include: Dec. 15: Paint-Your-Own Pottery Ceramic Ornament; Dec. 22: Hammered Copper Keychain. No reservations are required.
3. RUN FOR A CAUSE The Jingle All the Way 5K steps off at 10 a.m., Dec. 9, from Battle Road Brew House, 20 Sudbury St. in Maynard. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The run benefits the Greg Hill Foundation, which works to help people get back on their feet after tragedies. This year’s event will feature winter-themed activities, food and drinks, and a live band. Visit thegreghillfoundation.org.
4. WATCH A BALLET Dance Prism will perform “The Nutcracker” at 2:30 and 6:30 p.m., Dec. 9 at the Performing Arts Center, 56 King St. in Littleton. Young audience members are invited to meet Clara and the Nutcracker Prince and the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier following all performances. Tickets are priced at $20 for children, seniors, and students with ID, $26 for adults; group discounts are offered. Seating is reserved; handicapped seating is available and accessible. For tickets visit danceprism.com or call 978-371-1038.
5. USHER IN THE HOLIDAYS The Copley Singers will perform at 4 p.m., Dec. 10, at First Parish in Concord, 20 Lexington Road, Concord. The Copley Singers are a Boston tradition during the holiday season, led by conductor Brian Jones and featuring organist Katelyn Emerson. Tickets are $20 available online or at the door. Visit copleysingers.org.
Do you have a suggestion for 5 Things? Please email the details, with a photo if you have one, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Randall Library in Stow and the Maynard Public Library for discounted passes to some of the venues.