1. FIND UNIQUE GIFTS The annual Touch of Christmas Fair will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 9, at Parish House, First Parish in Lincoln, 14 Bedford Road. There will be children’s activities, including a children’s shopping room, photos with Santa, baked goods, crafts and secondhand antiques, housewares, jewelry and more. Admission is free.
2. VISIT SANTA IN THE TROPICS Children can meet and take a photo with Santa from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 9 and 16, inside the Tropical Forest building at Franklin Park Zoo, 1 Franklin Park Road in Boston. Other activities will include winter-themed arts and crafts and holiday-themed enrichment for the animals. For ticket information, visit franklinparkzoo.org or call 617-541-LION (5466).
3. LISTEN TO MUSIC Harvard Pro Musica's "Christmas Fantasy" choral concert will be performed at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 7, in the First Church, 6 Meetinghouse Road in Sterling. With piano, strings and soloists, the chorus will present seasonal music by Ralph Vaughn Williams, Edgar Elgar, Morten Lauridsen and community carol-singing. Tickets ($15 to $20) at the door or at harvardpromusica.org/paypal.
4. RUN FOR A CAUSE The Jingle All the Way 5K steps off at 10 a.m. Dec. 9 from Battle Road Brew House, 20 Sudbury St. in Maynard. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The run benefits the Greg Hill Foundation, which works to help people get back on their feet after tragedies. This year’s event will feature winter-themed activities, food and drinks and a live band. Visit thegreghillfoundation.org.
5. USHER IN THE HOLIDAY The Copley Singers will perform at 4 p.m. Dec. 10 at First Parish in Concord, 20 Lexington Road, Concord. The Copley Singers are a Boston tradition during the holiday season, led by conductor Brian Jones and featuring organist Katelyn Emerson. Tickets are $20 available online or at the door. Visit copleysingers.org.
If you have a suggestion for 5 Things please email the details, with a photo if you have one, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Lincoln Public Library for discounted passes to some of the venues.