1. FALL FAIR: The annual Derby Academy Fall Fair will be held Saturday, Oct. 14, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Derby Academy, 56 Burditt Ave. Enjoy a festive autumn day full of fun for the whole family including games and rides, arts and crafts, a petting zoo, performances, and pony rides! The entire community is welcome and tickets are available on site the morning of the fair.
2. CONCERT: The Broad Cove Chorale and the Unicorn Singers, under the direction of Margo Euler of Hingham, will present Gala Goes Pops! on Sunday, Oct. 15 at 4 p.m. at the Inly School Arts Barn on Watch Hill Road in Scituate. This year's finale will transport audience members to the City of Lights with the music of George Gershwin's "An American in Paris." Single tickets are $30, and tables for 5 are $125 and are available on-line at bcc-us.org, or by calling Kathy Reardon at 781-749-0162.
3. BARN SALE: Bare Cove Fire Museum’s Annual Fall Barn Sale is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, at Building #52 in Bare Cove Park off 19 Fort Hill St. The event will be held rain or shine. Volunteers will be in the Museum building for free tours from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. the day of the sale.
4. HERITAGE MUSEUM: The Hingham Historical Society’s Heritage Museum (Old Derby) at 34 Main St. welcomes you Wednesdays through Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with the opening exhibit “Boxes, Buckets, and Toys: The Craftsmen of Hingham” and other masterpieces from the collections. This fine exhibit shows Hingham’s skilled woodworking of the 19th Century at its best! For more information: 781 749-7721.
5. PICK YOUR PUMPKIN: The Patch will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends through Oct. 22nd at Second Parish, 685 Main St.. Come select from hundreds of locally grown pumpkins of all sizes, mini pumpkins, white pumpkins and unique gourds. The patch will also have homemade apple pies. Hay bales decorated with flowers and pumpkins are a perfect place to take a photo.